11:53 AM

It's Sushi Day!

Thursday for me is Sushi Day. I live in a college town in Central Illinois and there is only one place to get sushi in this town, however they can only afford to serve it Thursday through Sunday. I always tend to crave it on Monday so I count down the days until Thursday. I used to be a Plain Jane (tuna and salmon roll) but they don't fill me up so I always had to order two rolls of each and that got a little expensive. So I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and had the Happy Roll, and boy does it make me happy. So two rolls of them fill me up plenty and I then dance around the apartment like a fool.

Pendant made and photographed by me.
I love sushi so much that I make a sushi pendant in my first metalworking class for our "found objects" project. The pendant has real rice in it and I had to drive the hour and fifteen minutes to Hannibal, Missouri to get the rose quartz for the fish part (I believe I made a tuna roll.) The seaweed part is silver with a liver of sulfur patina on it. I also did a metal press with real seaweed so that the silver actually has the seaweed texture. I absolutely love this pendant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment